Watch me as I grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blue Heaven....


"I am Tar Heel born and I am Tar Heel Bred, and when I die I'll be Tar Heel dead. Sing Rah, Rah Carolina, lina, Rah, Rah, Carolina, lina, Rah, Rah, Carolina, line Go to Hell ___________"

Obviously, you can insert whichever team you are playing... Duke, State those are all popular ones.  Sorry for the profanity Allie :-)

Erin, Jenn, Evan and I had the opportunity to attend the Carolina vs Georgia Tech game this past Saturday.   I always love going back to Chapel Hill - the place where I spent 4 years of my life.  College was definitley one of those experiences that you look back on and think, "why did I not enjoy this more when I was here..."   It is a place that you think... "my how things have changed, yet in a way have remained the same..."  Here are some of my top memories of Blue Heaven - in no particular order...

1. Sitting on the quad under the carolina blue sky and beautiful sunshine reading a book (yes, generally not something that was required for class...)
2. Phi Mu
3. Walking with leaves under your feet and trying not to fall on the slippery ones and bust your you know what.
4. Hector's - in it's old location
5. Bubs
6. Moving in and out of apartments
7. The one 15 degree morning that I had to go to class... we are just not equipped for that kind of weather...
8. The 2 feet of snow that fell my Senior year and caused the school to shut down for almost a week (again, we are not equipped for that kind of weather...)
9. Saturday Football games
10. Hurricanes Floyd and Fran 
11. Basketball games - especially against DOOK
12. Learning how to use email... which is now a necessity in my life - sad...
13. The Old Well
14. "In my mind I'm Going to Carolina"
15. And my favorite quote...
"What is it that binds us to this place as to no other? It is not the well or the bell or the stone walls.  Or the crisp October nights or the memory of the dogwoods blooming...No, our love for this place is based on the fact that it is, as it was meant to be, the University of the people" - Charles Kuralt, at the UNC Bicentennial in 1993. The Commercial


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good ole college days. Isnt it crazy that we learned email in college? We are so old.