1. The yellow stool in her kitchen
2. The smell of box bushes outside the house.
3. The metal box
4. Canada Mints
5. Giant Grocery Store
6. Mamaw's Sugar Cookies
7. The Story of Little Black Sambo
8. "It freezes nicely"
9. Pinning my contact information into my clothes when I would go into Washington DC with my parents - just in case I got lost.
10. Flabby arms - (I know that does not sound very nice, but it was an inside joke)
11. Thimbles
12. Playing Boggle
13. Sun Tea
14. Being a great hostess
15. Christmas
16. Her China
17. Sugar Pot
18. "Oh, Billy" - she used to say that when she was mad at my Dadaw
19. Riding the bus
20. House Dresses
21. Going out to special dinners
22. Spaghetti dinners on Saturday nights
23. Cereal one morning, Eggs the next...
24. Diagel
25. Thinking about how a lot of things seem to revolve around food...
26. The copper breadbox
27. Sitting on the screened in porch - wish I could enjoy that now.
28. The temple
29. Her Strength to take care of my Dadaw
30. Tissy
31. Using my manners and being on my best behavior when visiting
32. Going to the Park
These are just a few things that I remember... again, I am not the writer in the family and I know that my brother has more eloquent stories... perhaps I will share one of his with you one day.
I love you Mamaw!

No comments:
Post a Comment