Watch me as I grow!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hazel Hook King


Hazel Hook King

Born - August 25th, 1916
Died - January 31st, 2009

Dear Mamaw,

This morning before I heard the news, I knew that you had passed quietly and happily.  I am sorry that I was not able to see you one last time.  Tears have been shed and will continue as we will miss you terribly.  However, smiles and stories have also been shared today.  I know that is how you would prefer it to be.  My mind keeps thinking of your house.  The smells of cookies baking, and box bushes out front... will stay in my memories forever.  I do wish that I could go back in time just once... to remember again.  

I am sad that Hayden will not know you very well, but I am thankful that you had a chance to get to know him.  I hope that you are in heaven telling Dadaw, Aunt Dink, Aunt Doris, and everyone about him.  He has his Dadaw faces and his Dadaw moves... please tell him.  

So, until we meet again... please know that - I love you - always!

:-)

Love, 
Virginia 

3 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

Oh, Ginny. I am sorry for your loss... what a wonderful lady your Mamaw was... I hear the love in your voice for her and feel the tears on your face. I love you.

Kate said...

So sorry to hear about your Mamaw, Ginny. I love the letter you wrote to her...it will be fun for Hayden to read that one day.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Ginny. I know that these things are hard. I hope you are doing ok.