I do know that I used to be very fit! I was always very active as a kid - something I hope that Hayden follows through with. I also swam year round starting in High School. Because swimming was not a recognized sport at my high school, we had to hire our own coach. A group of us (from all 4 different high schools in the county) formed a team. During the "regular" or qualifying season, we swam as Bruce High... (Bruce Stein was our coach). When we made it to the Regional and State Meets, you were required to swim for an actual school; therefore, the school system HAD to support and recognize us. It brings back a lot of memories thinking about swimming and how much I LOVED it... I was a State Champion for 2 years in a row - I swam on the Women's 200 Freestyle Relay teams in 1994 and 1995. The first win was by a fingernail literally... 6 100's of a second... I can still remember the event... I swam the 3rd leg - Andrea (who would anchor) told me all I needed to do was to get her a lead... The girl swimming anchor in the lane beside ours was the 50M State Champ... she was fast... Anyway, I got Andrea that lead and she did hold onto it. I was so proud - what an incredible feeling it was.
I do not get in the pool very much anymore... I guess when you have to put in ear plugs so you do not get Swimmer's ear (my ears are very prone to the infection and I hate wearing them), I guess I use it as my excuse. I do love being around it though... hence my LOVE for the smell of chlorine. I love coaching and I love just being in the ambiance... Hmm... then why do I not like actually swimming anymore? I am going to have to think on that one a little bit more.

2 comments:
Does Brent know you were a swinner??? So was he and he has massive ear infections all the time too... Glad you are motivated... maybe you can rub off on me next!
Yippy for working out! I love it. And I did not know that you were such an awesome swimmer!
Post a Comment